Stress Management Techniques: There’s A Little Swami In All Of Us
In New York City, stress can be a real challenge to manage. At LYT we often suggest meditation as an immensely effective stress management technique. It can even help those looking to learn how to strengthen their immune systems! Though meditation is a powerful stress management technique, we often have questions and hesitations when we hear the word “Meditation.”
“How do I meditate?”
It is simple: sit and breathe.
“I don’t have the time.”
If your desire is to feel present in your body, experience clarity of mind, and less anxiety, mediation is an amazing portal.
Meditation and the Brain:How to Start Meditating for Beginners
Meditation is a useful stress management technique because it’s a reboot for your nervous system. During the process, you release trauma, emotions, and images that keep your system operating in “fight or flight” mode, which creates constant stress and inflammation in your body.
Your central nervous system consists of the spinal cord, brain, and retina, and the system branches out into nerves throughout every part of your body. When you embark on a meditation session to clear your electro-magnetic energy pathways, use these universally applicable stress management techniques we list below.
Meditation 101:First, Shut Down All Communication
1. Sit in a comfortable chair, feet on the ground, back straight.
2. Place your hands in a relaxed position: Palms up is a gesture of open-ness and receiving. Palms-down is a gesture of giving and grounding.
3. Focus on your breath: Breathe deeply, but do not try to control your breathing.
4. Allow the images to pass and observe any that trigger a response. Release them.
5. 5-minutes is a great start! Build up to a 20-minute practice.
Learn How to Strengthen Your Immune System with Meditation
Decreasing your stress through meditation will also help to strengthen your immune system. If your nervous system provides the conducting hardwires, then the immune system is your source of POWER! Give your mind and body a boost this spring:
1. Be mindful of your internal terrain: Cleanse your insides with an alkaline diet, juice cleanses, and colon hydrotherapy.
2. Move every day: Stretch, breathe, walk, practice yoga, go to the gym, dance, go to spin class.
3. Meditate: Start your day clear, peaceful and strong with this stress management technique.
Craniosacral Therapy New York City: Stress Management at a Deeper Level
Living in New York City constantly puts stress on our nervous and immune systems. In addition to regular meditation and stress management techniques, craniosacral therapy can help address imbalances in the cerebrospinal fluids that surround and protect your brain and spinal cord. Please visit the LYT Craniosacral page for more information. And our Craniosacral Therapist, Jennifer Taveras’ Personal Story About Craniosacral Therapy can be read here, in the Insights And Articles section of our website.
No Comments »
Categories : Blog, LYTStyle
Tags: craniosacral therapy new york city, how to start meditation, how to strengthen immune system, meditation 101, meditation and the brain, meditation for beginners, meditation how to, strengthen immune system, stress management techniques