What is Massage Therapy?
Massage is a holistic therapy. It has an effect on our body, mind, and spirit. A massage relaxes muscles, easing and soothing aches and pains. It rejuvenates the physical and energetic body, and makes us more prepared for all that we may encounter in our daily lives. Massage involves a pressured stroking and/or kneading action applied to the muscles and soft tissues of the body.
What are the benefits of Massage Therapy?
Through massage therapy, tissues are manipulated to alleviate and prevent the pain of injury and muscle spasms. It reduces stress and decreases feelings of anxiety and depression, enhances relaxation, and promotes health and wellness.
Massage Therapy at LYT
There are many forms of Massage. Eddie Mui is our licensed Massage Therapist at LYT, and he offers six of the most beneficial types of massage therapy:
- Swedish - Swedish massage uses long strokes that are firm, with light to medium pressure to promote general relaxation. It improves circulation and range of movement, and relieves muscular tension.
- Sports - Sports massage combines different techniques tailored to each individual to enhance athletic performance and recuperation.
- Deep Tissue - Deep Tissue massage utilizes firm pressure to work out adhesions in the muscle fibers.
- Shiatsu - Shiatsu is a finger pressure technique. Pressure is applied along the meridian lines to unblock energy and stimulate circulation.
- Reflexology - Reflexology utilizes thumb and finger pressure on the reflex points of the feet, which correspond to organs and systems in your body. Stimulating these points aids in detoxification and helps to balance your body.
- Zero Balancing - Zero Balancing is a powerful body-mind therapy that uses finger pressure and gentle traction on areas of tension in the bones, joints and soft tissue to address the relationship between energy and structures of the body. It helps relieve body aches and pain, release restrictions in movement, and provide lasting relief from emotional distress to improve overall quality of life.
- Medical Massage - The Medical Massage treatment combines Swedish and Deep Tissue techniques to address specific problem areas or injuries. Reflexology is used to determine the state of the organs, and treat imbalances.This treatment also includes more focus on the musculature of the cranial and cervical skeletons.
Consultation with Eddie is recommended, at no extra cost, in order to choose or customize the massage treatment that best fits your needs. All treatments are performed in a warm and relaxing private room.
Swedish - $110/60min. - $160/90min.
Sports - $110/60min. - $160/90min.
Deep Tissue - $110/60min. - $160/90min.
Shiatsu - $110/60min. - $160/90min.
Reflexology - $130/60min.
Zero Balancing - $140/60min.
Medical Massage - $160/90min - $220/120min
:: Full price list
Licensed Massage Therapist
:: read more