Some Frequently Asked Questions About Colon Hydrotherapy
Q. What is colon hydrotherapy?
- Colon hydrotherapy is a washing out of impacted waste and gas from the Large Intestine with filtered water.
Q. What happens during a colon hydrotherapy session at LYT?
- Our treatments take place in private, comfortable bathrooms. You will be lying down on a cushioned table. A drape cloth will be supplied for your privacy.
- We employ the Gravity Centered Colonic method. This means the water enters the
intestine because the source is located above the level of your body, allowing the water to flow in and out without any mechanical means. The natural peristaltic motion of the colon is prompted once the water enters it. You will not need to push. Simply relax and the therapist will work with the rhythm of your body.
- The colon hydrotherapist is with you in the room throughout the entire session. The therapist will utilize abdominal massage to assist the flow and momentum of the session.
- * For more details about the Gravity Method, please see our Woods Gravity Method Description page.
Q. Does colon hydrotherapy hurt?
- The treatment should NOT hurt. If the water encounters an abundance of gas or impaction, then it may feel a bit crampy. Once the gas is released, you will feel relief. Before your session, follow the dietary suggestions we offer, which will lessen/prevent any discomfort.
Q. How will I feel after the colon hydrotherapy is over?
- You should feel a sense of rejuvenation, happiness, lightness, openness, and overall wellbeing. Increased sense of sight and smell is common. Lower back pain may be alleviated or relieved after one treatment.
- If you feel less than great (IE: sluggish, sleepy, dizzy, headaches, etc.), this is a sign that your body is releasing toxins (acidity) and is working toward an optimal state of alkalinity. A follow-up session within one week is not too soon.
Q. Can I resume normal activities (IE: work, errands, exercise) after a colonic?
- Yes, feel free to go about your day.
- If you are new to colonics, we suggest you schedule your first couple of sessions allowing plenty of time to stay present with how your body responds.
Q. How often should I get colonics?
- Frequency depends on the individual’s goals, diet, and health history. Your therapist will be able to answer this question more accurately after the experience of working with you, seeing how your body responds, and hearing your intentions.
Q. Can I receive treatment during my menstrual cycle?
- Yes. It is perfectly fine to get a colonic during any phase of your cycle. A treatment can also aid in relieving any uncomfortable symptoms that you may encounter monthly. The release of waste and gas can relieve painful pressure, cramping, and bloating, promoting an ease of flow.
Q. Can I receive treatment if I am feeling sick?
- Yes. In fact, a colonic is one of most effective things you can do to speed your recovery.
- Symptoms of “illness” are most often a sign the body is overwhelmed with waste and toxicity, which has not been able to exit through the usual channels of elimination. Removing the burdensome waste and gas will diminish the symptoms and promote healing.
Q. Will the colonic wash out my healthy bacteria?
- No. Cleansing the intestine of putrefied waste and gas will create an environment for healthy bacteria to thrive. It is a good idea to re-hydrate with water and vegetable juice after each colonic. Daily consumption of freshly pressed vegetable juice will help foster the regeneration of your flora over time.
Q. Will my body become dependent on colonics?
- Gravity colonics foster a strengthening of your colon. The more waste your body releases in each session, the stronger your colon becomes and the more regular your own elimination will be.
- Gravity colonics encourage proper elimination in a similar way that a treadmill strengthens your heart! As your colon eliminates layer upon layer of waste, it will naturally become more capable of regulating itself.
- It is a process and each session yields new and revealing results. Be patient with the journey. Each of us has a unique past and our systems respond to this work accordingly.
Q. What can I do to get rid of painful gas/constipation?
- Immediately stop eating fruit until your next colonic.
- Follow favorable food combining principles as best as you can.
- Brewing fresh ginger tea is helpful: Boil sliced fresh ginger in water for about 10 minutes, and then drink the water.
- Inverted yoga postures are also helpful: Downward dog, Shoulder stand, Head Stand, and Hand Stand.
- Walking can help by creating motion in the intestine.
- Castor Oil Pack: Massage castor oil on your abdomen all the way down to the pelvic region. Wrap yourself in saran wrap, cover yourself, and place a filled hot water bottle on top of your abdomen for 30 – 45 minutes.
- Breathe throughout a busy day or stressful situations. Stress can cause gas.
We support and encourage your exploration of a healthier lifestyle and look forward to working with you. Please call us to book your appointment, or visit Colonics Rock® for more information on colon hydrotherapy.