Natural acne treatments are effective and have benefits that go beyond clearing the skin of troublesome spots. Your skin is a reflection of the health of your internal organs and blood chemistry. Consequently, natural acupuncture treatments can help reverse skin ailments such as acne, a symptom that does not occur in isolation.
A Natural Acne Treatment: Look Beneath The Surface
In Traditional Chinese Medicine, acne is considered a result of accumulated heat or dampness in the body being released through the skin as pimples or cysts. Natural acne treatments such as acupuncture assist in the healthy function of internal organs, which are connected to channels or meridians beneath the skin’s surface. The organs specifically involved with acne are the lungs, stomach, and spleen.
- Lungs: The lungs regulate the opening and closing of the pores, determining how heat leaves the body. Imbalances in the lung meridian cause heat to build, and it must exit through the skin as acne or eczema.
- Stomach: The stomach naturally tends to be warm, which is essential for the digestion of food. However, excessive heat in the stomach can manifest as acne along the stomach channel, which covers the chest and face.
- Spleen: The spleen participates in digestion and helps to manage dampness. If the spleen is not working well, dampness can accumulate and lead to oily skin and acne.
Naturally helpful acupuncture treatments can go a long way in helping these organs regulate your skin’s health.
What Are The Other Causes Of Acne?
- Stress: Environmental and emotional.
- Poor Food Choices: The consumption of dairy, processed food, fried food, and cooked oils.
- Accumulated Waste: The skin is one of four organs of elimination for metabolic waste (along with the lungs, kidneys, and colon). If your other channels are not functioning, acne will develop as a symptom. Find out more about how lifestyles can cause acne, and other cleansing natural remedies for acne.
The Natural Approach to Acne Treatment: See The Big Picture
Acupuncture is a natural acne treatment that works because it considers your whole body and lifestyle, not only what is happening on the surface! Read more about acupuncture treatments at LYT NYC HERE.
No Comments »
Categories : Acupuncture NYC, Blog, Traditional Chinese Medicine
Tags: acupuncture for acne, acupuncture in nyc, causes of acne, Chinese medicine for acne, natural acne treatments, natural acupuncture treatments, organs of elimination