You might not expect an internet search for “Natural Alternatives for Depression” and a search for “Colonics NYC” to land you on the same page. Colonics are for digestive issues, right? They help to clear up skin problems, too. Right on both points. But colon hydrotherapy is also one of the most important and powerful tools available to people who want to naturally cure depression, without drugs.
The Serotonin Factor
You probably know that serotonin, a neurotransmitter that carries messages between cells, is sometimes called “the happiness hormone” because it’s a key player in regulating mood. But did you know that approximately 95% of your body’s serotonin is produced in your belly? So you can see why anyone looking to treat depression with natural alternatives to drugs would be wise to check in with the gut! In fact, some doctors have noticed that more than half of the patients they treat for depression also tend to have stomach problems. Coincidence? We think not!
Natural Ways to Cure Depression: The Basic Alternatives
Here’s the good news: All the things we suggest you do to keep your digestive system humming happily are also natural ways to cure depression:
• Exercise. Moving your body helps to regulate serotonin production and usage in your brain and your gut.
• Avoid sugar, alcohol and refined flour. These foods are detrimental to your physical, mental and emotional well-being because they tax your adrenal glands – the glands that balance blood sugar levels and support how we think, feel, and react in fight or flight situations.
• Avoid animal proteins. Foods high in protein, such as animal products, cause a drop in serotonin levels.
• Avoid caffeine. It may seem to boost your energy level, but it actually KOs serotonin.
• Eat fresh, wholesome food that is minimally processed. A good diet will go a long way to keeping your mood steady.
• Nurture yourself. Do nice things for yourself. Starting with scheduling a colonic.
Colonics and Depression
Medical studies show that there is a strong connection between depression and chronic inflammation in the gastrointestinal tract. Your digestive tract actually contains so many neurons that it’s called The Second Brain, and it is in constant communication with the brain between your ears. The vagus nerve is kind of like a sophisticated cable connecting your belly and your brain, so that they can send and receive messages to one another. And the stomach sends nine times more messages to the brain than vice versa! We think that fact alone is a clear indication of why colonics should be in the arsenal of anyone seeking natural alternatives to depression. A healthy gut and a healthy mind are inextricably linked.
Your Body Is a Wonderland
John Mayer had it right. Your body really IS a wonderland, and it deserves the very best support you can give it. If you are severely depressed, see a doctor. But try to find one open to exploring natural ways to cure depression, and know that the team here at LYT is here to help in any way we can. We can provide you with the best colonics NYC has to offer as well as tailored nutrition advice and our years of experience. Contact us online or give us a call at 212-696-1800—we’d be happy to show you the ropes!
No Comments »
Categories : Blog, Colonics NYC
Tags: benefits of colon cleansing, colon hydrotherapy nyc, Colonics NYC, diet for depression, exercise for depression, how to ease depression, natural alternatives for depression, natural remedies depression, natural ways to cure depression