We know how tempting store-bought creamy salad dressings can be but this vegan option helps to decrease inflammation and prevent illness! So, we hope you enjoy this savory vegan recipe which is a cinch to make and is super satiating!
1. Juice of 1 Lemon
2. 1/2 cup water
3. 1/4 tsp Sea Salt
4. 1 – 2 bunches of cilantro
5. 1 cup of raw cashews
***Use organic when possible!
*** Makes approx. 1 1/2 cups.
1. Pour juice of 1 lemon into Vitamix or high speed blender and add the water
2. Wash cilantro and place into Vitamix w/ all other ingredients
3. Blend on HIGH until creamy
4. Drizzle over your favorite green leaves such as a combo of Romaine lettuce and spinach with sliced red pepper!
***This is a rich dressing so use it sparingly. Store the remainder in the fridge.
FOOD COMBINING TIP:
Nuts don’t combine favorably with fats (avocado/coconut), starches or proteins, so this works well as a lunchtime salad alone or can be followed by cooked non-starchy vegetables.
1. Add a large chunk of fresh ginger or a pinch of cayenne pepper to the blender for some spice!
2. Add a splash of Hawthorne Valley Hot Pepper Sauce to the blender for some spike!
3. Add a dash of cumin powder once served for an exotic twist and a dash of color!