Simple Raw Food Recipes For Your Raw Food Cleanse
When we suggest simple raw food recipes for our clients we often hear, I don’t know what to make or it’s too time-consuming. So, we thought we’d share our easiest, tasty, light, and simple raw food recipes for your summer fun! Scroll down to view our favorite LYT-approved raw recipes.
You know by now that if it were up to us we’d have New Yorkers and the planet on a raw food cleanse – not forever, just as a detox. We’re not saying you should never enjoy Momma’s home cooking but let’s be frank: in order to give your body a break from the sludgy build-up left behind by “comfort foods,” sugars, fermented gas, and cooked oils, you must take the raw-food-cleanse-leap! The more whole foods you consume, the healthier you will be!
The Raw Food Transition Three-Step!
Put On Your Dancin’ Shoes!
* Step One: Consume more whole foods,
* Step Two: Consume more raw food, such as those in our simple raw food recipes below.
* Step Three: Receive colonics to guarantee yourself a transformative detox raw food cleanse.
Perspective Is The Heart Of The Raw Food Cleanse
We understand that NYC makes it easy to grab-n-go and we say raw foods are just as easy in your busy day. A little more thought leads to profound results for your body. Instead of seeing your food as a quick-fix so you can get through the day, see your food as a lover. You don’t want some wimpy lover do you? You want a vibrant, fun, me-love-you, long-time-kind-of-lover. Right?
So embrace the idea of an avocado as a light meal or radishes as a crunchy spicy snack, or lovely cherry tomatoes and sliced red/orange peppers as a gratifying light lunch or snack or even a bowl of olives instead of chips. It’s possible!
The owners of LYT also offer group workshops that combine practical and spiritual guidance for those wanting to learn about simple raw food recipes, raw food cleansing, meditation and how to fill your heart with soul enriching practices. Whether it’s for weight loss or health maintenance, we are certain to have suggestions that’ll suit your raw food cleansing endeavors!
For even an even better way to cleanse your body and support your transformation, pair a raw food cleanse (with inspiration from our LYT-approved simple raw food recipes) with a colonic in New York City! It’s the best way to clear out toxins and buildup that can collect in your large intestine.
LYT-Loved and Approved Simple Raw Food Recipes:
India Inspired Raw Salad
4 leaves romaine lettuce
1 bunch spinach
2 T extra virgin olive oil
1/2 squeezed lime
2 T shredded coconut flakes
1 T cumin powder
sprinkle of nutritional yeast – to taste
sprinkle of sea salt – to taste
splash of Bragg’s Liquid Aminos
1. Wash greens and place in salad spinner to remove excess water.
2. Chop greens to desired size
3. Place in large salad bowl so you can toss easily
4. Add oil and the rest of the ingredients and toss to mingle the ingredients evenly.
Benefits of Spinach:
*Keeps the colon regular!
*Increases oxygen to the blood
*Rich in vitamins, K, A, C, & B6, magnesium, manganese, & folate
*Good source of protein, phosphorous, zinc, copper, selenium, niacin, & omega 3 fatty acids
*Rich in flavonoids which act as antioxidants
Super Creamy Dreamy Banana “Pudding”
Great For A Summer Breakfast!
3 ripe bananas
sprinkle of cinnamon
1. Peel 3 ripe bananas
2. Break into small 2 or 3 inch chunks and place in closed container in freezer overnight or for a few hours until frozen solid
3. Remove from freezer and place the chunks in a Vitamix or other high speed food processor with a sprinkle of cinnamon.
4. Blend until smooth
5. Pour into bowl
6. Go bananas!
Benefits of Bananas:
*High in potassium & can lower blood pressure which lessens chances of atherosclerosis, heart attack, and stroke.
*Potassium prevents weakening of bones.
*Potassium neutralizes high amounts of sodium in the body and prevents calcium loss and helps calcium absorption.
*High in B6 helping reduce inflammation — warding off heart disease, diabetes, and obesity.
1/2 cup of cold pressed olive oil
1/4 of finely chopped red pepper (adds a light sweetness to the tangy cilantro flavor)
1/4 cup of fresh lime juice
handful of chopped cilantro
pinch of Himalayan sea salt
pinch of black pepper
Mix all ingredients in a bowl and let marinate for 1 hour in your refrigerator. Simple, refreshing, and flavorful.
Guacamole Kimchi Wraps
1 ripe avocado-Sliced
Romaine lettuce or nori seaweed
Kimchi-Sanja’s (vegan kimchi)
OPTION: Alfalfa Sprouts for added decoration and trace minerals!
1. Place slices of avocado (or 2-3 tablespoons of guacamole) in a romaine leaf wtih 2 fork servings of kimchi.
2. Roll up romaine leaf and enjoy the creamy, crispy and spicy flavors.
OPTION: If you enjoy nori seaweed, use this as the wrap and you’ll definitely want to use avocado slices instead of guacamole.
Avocado Mango Salad
1 ripe avocado
1 ripe mango
2 T fresh lime juice
2 T of chopped cilantro
pinch of Himalayan sea salt
1. Slice avocado and mango.
2. Place in a bowl with chopped cilantro, lime juice, and pinch of Himalayan sea salt.
3. Allow to sit for about 15 minutes for juices to be released.
4. Enjoy this sweet, creamy and slightly tangy dish as an afternoon meal.
Basil Salad Dressing:
1/2 cup olive oil
1 oz of fresh lemon juice
1/4 cup of fresh basil leaves
1. Add ingredients in a blender and voi la!
This refreshing basil-lemon is great over a bed of chopped kale and Arugula. Add shredded beet over your salad for a touch of sweetness.
Vegan Parmesan Dressing
1/2 cup olive oil
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon of Nama Shoyu
2 tablespoons of nutritional yeast
Nori seaweed – cut into strips
1. Place ingredients (except the nori) in blender until all ingredients are mixed thoroughly.
2. Drizzle over a chopped romaine salad with strips of nori seaweed for a Caesar-influenced taste.
Green Velvet Smoothie
1/2 cup – 1 cup filtered water
3-5 leaves of fresh chard*
*Option: baby spinach or any raw green. It’s all about the flavor you crave!
1. Pour water into blender jar (start with a lesser amount, and add as you go. Add water slowly so you can control the thickness.)
2. Add chopped chard leaves (stems optional)
3. Scoop avocado into mixture.
4. Blend & voila!
* This makes a pretty big smoothie (16oz) or just use half the avocado and fewer leaves for half the amount.
No Comments »
Categories : Blog, Recipes
Tags: colon hydrotherapy nyc, colonics new york city, Colonics NYC, detox, detox cleansing, Detoxing, healthy raw food recipes, raw food cleanse, raw food detox diet, simple raw food recipes