What Is A Colonic?
Simply put, a colonic is a bath for your colon. Also known as Colon Hydrotherapy, a colonic employs the use of filtered water (implemented through the rectum) to gently wash accumulated solid and gaseous waste out of the colon. The removal of this waste significantly improves your body’s overall function, elevates your physical and mental health, and reverses various diseases!
Why Gravity Method & Not a Machine?
At LYT we work with the Woods Gravity Method of Colon Hydrotherapy because we believe in the comfort and gentle power of Gravity Colon Hydrotherapy. This is the original method of Colon Hydrotherapy. In a Gravity Treatment, the water prompts the colon’s peristalsis to activate, strengthening this five-foot-long muscle, and yielding improved bowel function in the days and even years ahead! This is why Colonics Rock® at LYT NYC!
What Happens In The Colonic Treatment?
1. You are lying down on a massage table in one of our spa-like treatment rooms. You will be covered with a drape sheet for privacy.
2. There is a 5-gallon tank of water suspended 3 feet above your body that will be filled several times during the session.
3. As the water enters your body it will simultaneously exit, thus allowing you to feel an emphasis on the exit rather than the input of water.
4. Your elimination is contained in a closed tube.
The Colonic Instrument
1. The stainless steel instrument, which is lubricated and gently inserted to the rectum, is called a speculum.
3. Two separate surgical tubing attachments, made of firm rubber material, convey water into the body and carry water and waste out of the body directly into the plumbing. This tubing is changed after each client’s colonic.
Your Colon Hydrotherapist: What Makes LYT NYC Colon Hydrotherapy Unique?
The LYT Colon Therapists are certified at the Woods Hygienic Institute. The LYT Method of Colon Hydrotherapy includes an additional two-month Advanced Training with supervised, hands-on clinic hours supervised by the LYT Founders, Cyndie & Joyce.
Your therapist is trained to connect with your body’s rhythm throughout the colonic treatment via abdominal massage and a gentle manual pulsing of the tube that carries the water out of your body.
Your therapist will gladly answer any questions you have and share knowledge about food combining, vegetable juicing, exercise, and lifestyle practices that will help improve your overall health and suit your personal goals.
All the LYT therapists share a common bond: they were ALL clients at LYT first! Their decision to pursue certification came naturally after being deeply moved by their own transformations.
The therapists who work here are all practicing the lifestyle. They will inspire you to reveal your own most extraordinary health potential with pleasure and simplicity.
We hope this has answered the question: What is a colonic? And for all you Grand Master Cleansers, if you’re curious how to colonic NYC-style, check us out at LYT for the real deal when it comes to greater well-being, beauty, and longevity!